Homeopathy is a complementary therapy that we use at Evolve to help us in the care of our patients. It is not an alternative when dental treatment is required such as a crown or filling but can help reduce the impact of the treatment on your body
and takes a more holistic approach. At Evolve we believe in working with you to deliver the best care that we can in the most natural way that is appropriate.
The types of Homeopathy and Natural Remedies used in dentistry
There are some alternative remedies that can be used generally but you should always consult a dental professional if you have any pain, swelling, excessive bleeding or discomfort.
The herbal remedies we use are:
- Arnica: To be taken after tooth extraction.
- Aconite: to be taken if anxious about dental treatment or have a sensitive gag reflex.
- Hepar Sulph: Can be taken of infection has been diagnosed to support conventional dental treatment.
- Ruta grav: To help healing after root canal treatment.
- Belladona: To ease throbbing pain, but contact a dentist as soon as possible.
At Evolve, we never recommend that conventional medication is stopped when taking homeopathic
or holistic remedies.
Tell me more about looking after my teeth