Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds, not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new product and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where team members can discuss the challenges they face at work for the best interests of our patients. For patient safety we:
- Follow the latest infection prevention guidelines including those from NHS England
- Use dental instruments that are single use, or are sterilised after each patient use
- Decontaminate work areas including the dental chair, hand held equipment and cupboard handles, in between patients
- Maintain in a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
- Monitor practice water for quality. Dental unit waterlines are disinfected and kept clear
- Handle waste according to current regulations and dispose of it with appropriate carriers
- Take expert advice if a team member may have a blood borne infection. The team member will have an occupational health examination and follow professional advice on their role in treating patients.
All our team members are trained in safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and follow the practice safeguarding procedures, which are regularly monitored and reviewed.
As a member of CODE, the practice is kept up to date with the latest guidelines, good practice and regulations. We run a continuous improvement programme called iComply (iComply members only) and we are members of the CODE Quality Practice Team which means we are regularly inspected and meet high standards of patient safety, care and service.
As the Practice Owner, I have overall responsibility for the practice. I lead and support the team through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals.
We always welcome questions, comments and suggestions from patients and the team. Please contact Katrina del Poza, the Practice Manager, to see if we can help you in any way.
The Practice Owner