Healthy smile tips…
At Evolve, we help our patients to understand how they can maintain a health smile at home. We want to ensure that all of our patients have a healthy smile so our hygienists spend time with patients discussing oral health care tips to help patients look after their teeth and gums at home.
- Brush teeth twice a day with an adult toothpaste for 2 minutes. Only use a very small amount
of toothpaste for young children.
- Toothbrushing should occur before breakfast and last thing at night.
- Children under the age of 8 should have an adult brush their teeth for them and under the age of 10 should have close adult supervision.
- Never leave anything other than water for a child to drink during the night.
- Continual sipping from a beaker or bottle should be avoided unless it is water.
- Fizzy drinks and lollipops should be avoided.
- If a child has sweets, have them after meals and eat them in one go. It is the frequency of sugar in the diet rather than the amount of sugar.
- Encourage your child to choose tooth friendly snacks such as crisps, cheese or nuts.
- Encourage your child to drink from a cup as soon as possible and if anything other than water is drunk, ensure it is diluted even fruit juice.
- Attend appointments with your dentist twice a year.
Maintaining a healthy mouth can impact your overall health, so we want to ensure that children from a young age develop the right habits to help them throughout their life. If you have any concerns regarding yours or your child’s teeth, please contact the practice to book an appointment.
T 01275 842550
Read the CQC independent review of Evolve Dentistry