Tips on maintaining a healthy smile…
1. Brush teeth twice a day with an adult toothpaste for 2 minutes. Only use a very small amount
of toothpaste for young children.
2. Toothbrushing should occur before breakfast and last thing at night.
3. Children under the age of 8 should have an adult brush their teeth for
them and under the age of 10 should have close adult supervision.
4. Never leave anything other than water for a child to drink during the night.
5. Continual sipping from a beaker or bottle should be avoided unless it is water.
6. Fizzy drinks and lollipops should be avoided.
7. If a child has sweets, have them after meals and eat them in one go. It is
the frequency of sugar in the diet rather than the amount of sugar.
8. Encourage your child to choose tooth friendly snacks such as crisps, cheese or nuts.
9. Encourage your child to drink from a cup as soon as possible and if
anything other than water is drunk, ensure it is diluted even fruit juice.
10. Attend appointments with your dentist twice a year.