Tips on maintaining a healthy smile…
- Brush teeth twice a day with an adult toothpaste for 2 minutes. Only use a very small amount
of toothpaste for young children.
- Toothbrushing should occur before breakfast and last thing at night.
- Children under the age of 8 should have an adult brush their teeth for them and under the age of 10 should have close adult supervision.
- Never leave anything other than water for a child to drink during the night.
- Continual sipping from a beaker or bottle should be avoided unless it is water.
- Fizzy drinks and lollipops should be avoided.
- If a child has sweets, have them after meals and eat them in one go. It is the frequency of sugar in the diet rather than the amount of sugar.
- Encourage your child to choose tooth friendly snacks such as crisps, cheese or nuts.
- Encourage your child to drink from a cup as soon as possible and if anything other than water is drunk, ensure it is diluted even fruit juice.
- Attend appointments with your dentist twice a year.
Any concerns regarding your child’s teeth please contact the practice.
T 01275 842550